Monday, June 06, 2005

Some Christians Get on My Nerves

Okay, enough is enough, today Texas Governor Perry signed a restrictive abortion measure today. That is not what is upsetting me. I am pro-life but since I have no intention of adopting or raising anybody's baby, I am pro-choice, because people have to do what they have to do. If God is upset, I trust God to handle God's business.

What has me mad is that he signed the bill in gymnasium of a Christian high school. What kind of mealy mouth pandering is that. The Christians ought to be up in arms that a governor of a state would come into their no-choice arena and sign a bill that still allows abortion of any kind. I mean if you are going to be no-choice do not compromise. This Republican pandering to the right wing evangelical movement is dangerous because it runs the risk of affecting the separation between church and state and this is a battle the church might lose.

I am not opposed to Christians being involved in politics. For years Christians have been leaders in the fight to eradicate social injustices. But this bill should have been signed in the governor's office or on secular ground. The good Christians who supported this mess could have moseyed up with governor right there. To bring this bill to the Church is a travesty to all Texans, Christians and otherwise.

Why am I so upset by this bill? Because it now imposes parental consent on girls who were grown enough to give up the poon-tang to boys old enough to produce seed without mama and daddy's permission and now it takes the pressure off little hot mama and her baby daddy and puts the pressure on Mom and Pop.

Damn, if my little hotass tramp daughter (Okay I know that is a bit rough okay my no thinking no protecting little heifer gives it up and gets strung, she got herself in so she should be the one responsible for making the decision to get out of it.

Doggone it, I am sick of parents getting blamed when their almost grown ass children do stupid feces. And now I am sick of the government telling me I got to decide if my daughter gets an abortion. Oh wait a minute, I don't live in Texas. Thank you Lord, I know there must be a God somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home