Sunday, July 31, 2005

I Miss My Friend

One of the most difficult things about being a man is the fact that you usually have few true intimate friends. We have boys, and partners and fellas, but I think everyone needs that one true friend.

That one person who you can be less than perfect around and its alright. No its not like having a spouse, sexual issues complicate matters and radically change the complexion of a relationship. I am talking about that person usually same gender who loves you (platonically) just because you are you.

I guess men who are close to their brothers understand this. But my friend is a guy who I met in college and over the last many years we have always kept in touch. I don't know but I guess things are changing, we don't talk like we used to, he doesn't fly in or hang with the kids anymore. (I know this sounds weird, but I miss my friend)

He was always hard to catch up with, maybe just maybe I will call him to see what's up.

He is a real blessing in my life, and although I could never say anything like that to him, I thank God for he has helped me through many a difficulty. Judgment free.

Hey Jimmie--holla man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home