Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Marriage is not Easy, Break ups are not Pretty

Terry McMillian, one of the most profilic African American writers on the last 20 years is divorcing the man who in many ways cemented her celebrity. Somehow after the showers and the hot sex, the boy toy from the islands has turned out to be SGL.

Reality really bites sometimes.

Now I must admit I do not like McMillian's work. I find them to be shallow and overly melodramatic. But they are entertaining to listen to on tape because she is a good reader and she uses good readers. My eyes rarely see her stuff.

I must further admit that while I have never seen "Waiting to Exhale" in its entirety, I loved the idea of the movie, and I loved how the four women looked on film. (Thank you Forrest Whittaker) How Stella Got her Groove Back...never phased me much probably because I am not convinced that June and January matches are optimal. But as is the case with most of life, I believe in live and let live.

What's frightening and particularly ugly about this case is that Mr. Plummer just recently discovered he was gay. Hmmmm I hope someone can explain that to me. And then J L King, had to dump his two cents in on this as it further exploits his downlow theory.

Well fans of McMillian I feel a book coming on, and this one will be a blockbuster, my car CD is anxiously awaiting the release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home