Friday, June 17, 2005

Amazing Grace

Ain't God All Right

Ramblings...

I am much too old to be a blogger. My life is much too drab to talk about. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I've been married to one woman for a wonderfully long time and she is the mother of ALL of my children. Thus I know, love and like my children.

God has been good and I need to be better.

I was reflecting with an associate that gospel music is truly going old skool. Everybody is singing old skool these days. In my opinion the best stuff on Donnie McClurkin's new CD are the old church medleys.

I guess it goes to show that the stuff written to honor God is the stuff that lasts.

I am also praying this morning for the unborn progeny of woman who is living via artificial means. She is dying of cancer that is virtually growing in her body as the child grows in her womb.

The race between time and cancer has me praying for the family who is hoping that the cancer does not penetrate the placenta and consume the child.

"My hope is built on nothing less...than Jesus' blood and righteousness"

I am praying for an 81 year old man whose grief at the sudden death of his 40 something daughter trigger a massive stroke. Last night in the ICU, I held his hand and he held mine tight

"I dare not trust the sweet frame but wholly lean on Jesus name."

I am praying for a 50 something woman who went in the hospital to have her bladder removed, and ended up wearing not one bag but two. Everything that could go wrong short of cardiac arrest and death, has befallen this woman. Yet through it all she has trusted in God. She asked why and then said it does not matter God is still good. On Thursday the doctors operated to reconnect her intestinal function so she will live with the one bag. Her surgery went well, now we are praying for her post op recovery.

"On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand."

Sunday is Father's Day and although my Father is not one of favorite people. He taught me everything not to do. My wife, my children and I are grateful for the lessons.

"All other ground is sinking sand."

1 Comments:

At Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:09:00 AM, Blogger AC said...

first...
thanks for visiting my page and leaving comments...i really appreciate it...

second...
i haven't updated my blogger in a while...i've started an online magazine called re:GENERATION -- click on the link to visit or type www.theregen.net into your browser...i talk about a lot of issues there (A Thomas Crawley is my name)...

definitely subscribe to it if you're feelin' it...

interestingly, i wrote a piece that'll be published in monday's edition where i talk about the "DL" (a term i disdain as well) and Poverty in urban communities...check me out homie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home