Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Mystery of God

I attended a gathering of new seminarians yesterday and one of the speakers gave me an "a-ha" moment when he told the new fresh seminarians to keep the Holy Spirit with them. For no matter how much we try to de-construct and re-construct our faith paradigm there is an element we must never forget to include the move of the spirit.

At first I thought oh that was cop-out. So everything we cannot figure out or we understand just blame it on the Holy Spirit. So as I pray for those affected by Hurricane Katrina, I am asking why? Yet I know there is no real answer, thus the mystery of God, how else can I explain why the eye did not hit New Orleans right on?

I remain ever thankful for all those who have found shelter and comfort or at least shelter during this time. May God bless those in Gulfport, Mobile and so on.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:43:00 AM, Blogger Clay said...

i dont think it was an act of God - i think it was American failing again .. check out my latest entry on it

 
At Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:57:00 PM, Blogger AC said...

interesting man...i had 2 convos with fellow seminarians regarding the Hurricane...

and it's almost sad...one said (and i DO quote) "there is a stronghold over places like New Orleans becauase of all the voodoo n stuff..."

this from a seminarian? that's bullshit (excuse the language)...i find it quite problematic that we (anyone) would believe and worship a god that chooses to kill poor folks because of simple location...or a god that does things to get the rest of our's attention...

by the way - what school do you attend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home