Monday, September 19, 2005

I Need Some Serious Help

This post makes me feel really shallow. I know with all the things going on politically and culturally I should have a stronger topic but I think I'm overdosed on Katrina (don't stop praying and giving), the price of gasoline, the war in Iraq etc, etc.

I have just come back from a long conference and as I was headed home it hit me like a brick, I have not viewed one episode of Law and Order in any of its manifestations in a whole week.

I went the whole week without the original, the special victims unit, or criminal intent. How could this happen. Well once I settled in at home I tried to satisfy my hunger for Law and Order but things kept getting in the way.

I am grouchy, I have a headache and I just can't function. Give me my Law and Order.

I like the original Law and Order the best, although I have hated the cast members over the years. I could not stand Richard "I only have one look" Brooks, for a while Chris Noth got on my nerves. I thought Angie Harmon was too beautiful to be an Assistant DA and S. Epatha Merkerson--she's a homegirl--Go Detroit! is so good she makes it look too easy. (Congrats on the Emmy!) And although I don't like his politics, Fred Dalton Thompson is great as the DA.

SVU makes me feel creepy but I think the story lines are gripping. But I always feel weird after hearing about new perversions, some which would have never crossed my mind. Tamara Tunie is so cool and beautiful as the ME. I am in love with her voice. I just found out she does a soap, but I don't like soaps.

Criminal Intent is a little harder to get my hands around but now that its moving to nightly on USA I might get hooked, the lead character is wacky and unlike the other Law and Order's the show spins around him. We will see.

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 26, 2005 10:24:00 PM, Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Vincent Donofrio(sp?) ... he's the lead on CI. He kooky, crazy as the perps ... and I LOVE him. The show is darker, and less personal than the others ... but I'm darker and less personal than most people so ... there you go.

But actually, SVU is my fav now. Mariska Hargatay (sp?) is the best. But any L&O marathon is a good day for me. It's my favorite show EVER.

PS ~~ I like you even more now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home