Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh my goodness--He's written a gay book

A person I know and I actually recently told me that the book that has gestating in his soul for 20 years has finally been born. He invited me to the reading and book signing and I grabbed the wife and off we went.

The bookstore was an independent left wing book store that is the anti-borders.

I arrived at the signing and our friend the author was sharing something from the book.

"His thighs were massive and rippled, as I gazed upon them." said Skip.

Aw hell to the naw. What kind of book is this I shouted silently. After the reading there were questions including one from one of my favorite people the author's mother

"Why didn't you write a murder mystery?"

No mama wrong question. She should have asked my question: "Why didn't you tell me you were gay? Why am I discovering this in this bookstore?"

I asked the wife--"Did you know that he was gay."

Well yeah sort of she replied. I read the book cover and I said "Oh how nice."
"It's no big deal, really. You're probably the only one who doesn't know."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't always get it."

"Huh?"

"Sometimes I wonder if you are just joking."

"Huh?"

Ask five of your friends and I bet everybody knows but you.

Four of the five said hell yeah we knew.

One other just asked why?

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

ROFL @ you. Hahaaahaaaaaahahaha! Did you buy a copy of the book to show your support?

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Harold Gibson said...

To Shawn: Of course we did and it is different but so is he.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 7:58:00 AM, Blogger summer of sam said...

aw harold. go get your gaydar checked, homie.

 
At Friday, June 02, 2006 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said...

LOL! I know how it feels to be out the loop and be mad that ERRRRR-BODY knew except me. I can just imagine the look on your face as you're finding out what everybody else has known for a minute!

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:05:00 PM, Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

LOL.

As long as you brought the book, you're still cool with me. Apparently, it was his way of coming out. We gay boys have a million coming out stories ... this is just one of the funnier ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home