Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Power of Packaging

Why does packagaing have so much power over us?

I mean it seems like we are very concerned about how things are presented. Our image is everything. I think this is something that transcends racial lines. We focus on the nature of dress and appearance.

We give value to people by the way the speak. (Which is a bogus way to value a person. I know crack addicts well and one of the things they bank on is that non-addicts will be fooled into thinking that they have conquered their addicts because of the way they speak!) I recently ran into a friend who said he could tell I was living well because I was driving a brand new car. (Negro please, you could get one too, $15.99 a day week ends at Hertz!)

We must be more discerning. According to my pastor, the reason we miss our moment and we thus miss our blessings is that we get caught up in the packaging. hmmmmm.


I think that is why we get the politicos we get. Everybody must fit the image and if they ain't apple pie then they get no love from us. Yet we continue to complain that our politicians lack vision, leadership and creativity.

I am ranting today. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 27, 2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Considering that I logged onto Gibby's Rant ... ranting is what I expect. :o)

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger E said...

They do say not to judge a book by its cover. I know I need to relearn that lesson from time to time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home