Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Storms are Raging

Lately I have been encountering people living in the midst of a storm. I too have been in a storm. I was very concerned about my daughter's health after she was told her tests came back "extremely abnormal."

My daughter is a very special person to me. I also have a son and he's special too but my daughter Lisa helped me understand the power of love at first sight. I have been mad crazy about that girl since I laid eyes on her. She was born 11 months into my marriage and I don't regret that at all. We have a typical daddy daughter bond. No man will ever truly be good enough for my daughter, because they are all human.

Anyway a few years ago she was diagnosed with a condition that requires that she take a certain medication every day for the rest of her life. She lives the normal life of a college senior and we are so looking forward to May's commencement.

When she was home over the holidays we noted that she was having some problems so we arranged for her to see a doctor in her college town.

So we get this news and while she appears non-plussed, I am a nervous wreck. I couldn't sleep because I was so busy trying to help God run my world.

To make a long story not so long, the daughter will be fine and I only added 10 years to my face. But I know now why the disciples woke Jesus up the way they did because when the waves are crashing and you are being tossed and driven, it seems like you gotta wake Jesus up. But the good news is he is already there and he knows your needs and believe it or not he did not need my help. Hallelujah.

Happy Monday everybody.

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 06, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Well, alright now! The doors of the church are open. You can come by letter...Christian experience...or candidate for baptism!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

PS: Is there one?

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I know I'm all late commenting on this post but Praise Him!! Glad the daughter will be fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home