Sunday, January 29, 2006

But, He's My Boyfriend

I received an interesting call from the hospital today. A young woman had given birth on Friday to a healthy baby boy. But today she is still in the hospital because her depression is so severe. I received the call because today she wanted to talk with a chaplain.

G: I'm Chaplain Gibson. I just came from the nursery, your son is beautiful.

T: Thank you. Are you a pastor?

G: No. I am a chaplain, a minister who serves in a setting outside of the church. I am like a pastor in that I am ordained, but I don't preach sermons every Sunday or serve a regular congregation.

T: (After that odd explanation she looked a little dumbfounded) Will our conversation be confidential?

G: Absolutely.

T: Are you going to tell my doctor about what we talk about?

G: If you say something I think you should share with your doctor I will encourage you to do so otherwise I am just here to listen.

T: I don't want my baby.

G: Why?

T: His daddy is a fag. (Yes she was that direct and that matter of fact) I caught that bastard in my bed with his boyfriend.

G: That must have been difficult for you. (Damn, I'm stupid at times)

T: Hell yeah it was. I never knew. We been together since I was 17 years old. I never had a clue he was a fag.

G: How old are you now?

T: 18 and a half. I mean I been put out by my parents and all this s**t, Sorry preacher. I mean stuff and now I got a baby and a fag man. Isn't God going to send him to hell for being a fag.

G: That does not seem to be important at the moment what is important is how will you deal with this new information.

T: I don't want his baby because I don't want him coming around me. I can't sleep because every time I wake up I see him in bed with Cuddy. Cuddy always been a fag but damn Cuddy knew that he's my boyfriend. (She starts to cry softly) I can't tell nobody because I feel so bad, my boyfriend is a fag. What kind of woman does that make me.

G: T you know that you are not responsible for your boyfriend's sexual orientation.

T: I must not be woman enough.

G: That's not the issue, the issue is deception and dishonesty. His orientation has nothing to do with whether or not you are an attractive woman.

T: Why did this have to happen to me. (There's a knock at the door. A tall handsome young man comes in bearing flowers and a teddy bear.) Oh hi baby, this is the chaplain, a hospital preacher who is talking to me about our baby. Chaplain this is Z he's my boyfriend.

Z: What's wrong with our baby.

G: Nothing is wrong with the baby, T and I were discussing spiritual matters.

Z: Well, we belong to Miracle Way Church of God in Christ and our Elder will handle the baby dedication.

G: Of course. (Z's phone rings.)

Z: Baby I will be right back.

T: Who is that?

Z: My mama. Hold on. (Z leaves the room)

T: I really do love him. He's my boyfriend. Do you think he is a fag? Does he look like a fag to you?

G: I don't think you can always go on appearance. I hope you two will have a meaningful talk about that situation. Otherwise it's the pink elephant that's always in the room.

T: Huh?

G: It's the issue that always around but never addressed so it never leaves and it will eventually damage your relationship.

T: I don't think I'm ready to talk with him about it. I just want him to love me. Cause He's my boyfriend. Thank you for coming.

G: If you want to talk some more about this feel free to have me paged. Also let your doctor know that you are having some relationship issues, so they can properly medicate you.

T: Do I have to tell them...

G: Only if you want to. They will understand when you say relationship issues. But please talk to somebody. Perhaps the elder of your church.

T: The Elder is his daddy.

G: Oh--I see. I will have the Day Chaplain stop by before you are discharged with some recommendations. Okay.

T: Thanks it feels better to tell somebody. I know I love him and I want him in me and the baby's life. It's gonna be alright cause He's My Boyfriend. Thanks again for coming. Z is going to be back soon.

G: Let him know how you feel..about everything. Good bye. As I walk out of the room I do some paperwork at the nurse's station and I see Z having a very animated phone conversation. I do not eavesdrop. But I did hear him say...

Z: Every thing will be cool. Cuddy trust me, I'm wit you.







T: Thank you Pastor, I mean Chaplain for coming by.



G:

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 30, 2006 3:14:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

that's a bad situation

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:29:00 PM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Hmph - that's a real interesting situation. But she really can't hate the playa - takes two to tango. She needs to hate the game!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger chase said...

are u for real? man, i dont even know what to say....babies having babies and they dont even have the good sense god gives and ant....its called common sense cause everybodies sposed to have it....dag

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:37:00 PM, Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

All I can say in God Help The Child... the baby AND his momma...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home