Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Day After although still a holiday Christmas

My Christmas was wonderful. I went to church, cooked a full spread and just fellowshipped with the family. We opened a few gifts and just shared the day together thankful to God that we have each other for another year.

This year I have thought a lot about my mother. She died in the spring of 2000 and I have been in a Christmas blue mood for a long time because our last Christmas together was spoiled by the ridiculous behavior of her sister.

My mother was a lover of the essence of Christmas, the decorations the special "spirit" of the holiday. Yesterday for the first time since she died I felt that essence. We did not buy a lot of junk gifts, I shopped only one day. We just sat around and rejoiced that we had made it through another season together.

I am glad that I joined the blog world this year. Most of the blogs are like this one self-indulgent but that's okay. It's okay because we all need to express what is inside. Sometimes bloggers get upset when others criticize but I think it's cool. It does not change who you are and in many ways it gives you the opportunity to see how others view you for free!

Merry day after the day holiday to all of you and Happy Kwanzaa to you.

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 30, 2005 5:10:00 PM, Blogger E said...

I'm glad you were able to find the essence of Christmas this year.

I guess sometimes it is tough when hearing critical opinions about something you wrote. The tendency is to react defensively. But you are correct. It does present the opportunity for you to hear ideas that you hadn't considered. That's why I love blogging and I'm totally grateful that I started up this year.

I've interacted with so many cool folks.

Happy Holidays to you! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts in the new year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home