Thursday, October 06, 2005

Oh I Forgot to Tell You...God and a little Crystal Goes a Long Way

Now that Ashley Smith has admitted that it took a little more than Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life to quell her captor, I wonder why people often forget pertinent details when telling a juicy story.

Now don't get me wrong, I am sure Smith was scared out of her mind, but I feel like she tricked us, telling us all about God and how it he brought her through, when she should have told the whole story at first.

Why? Because she was discredited her testimony. Cynics like me now believe that her captor was high as a kite when he gave her up rather than converted.

I always wondered what in the Purpose Driven Life would cause someone to give up their freedom, the book is pablum for the already convinced and a horrible piece of theological drivel. Warren takes scripture out of context like an addict smokes crack and he just doesn't care. But, he's made a mint off this so I am wracking my brain but I got a problem about mis handling scripture, but that will be another post.

I find it interesting that she left this out unless she was thinking this might work for me, and help me sell the book, that little detail nobody knew about.

Unfortunately this drug incident, will not make her popular among the religious because it was all about God and now God has to share the spotlight with Crystal Meth.

Ashley will sell some books but I believe she probably on the 13th minute of her 15.

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 10, 2005 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Clay said...

this white woman saving this black man thru jim crow religion just kills me -- i wonder what his part of the story is

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - you got a point. I'm actually tired of seeing her too. Oprah, CNN, Larry King, and some other stuff too. Yea, she'll make a few bucks here and there - but you're right, her 15 minutes are almost up.

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger E said...

Yeah when I heard about that, I wanted to fly down to ATL and drop kick her ass. I have no intentions of buying her book, not that I would anyway.

The sad thing is that I could see this crap in a bad 'movie of the week' remake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home