Monday, September 19, 2005

I Love Being Black...

But, why do we read countless, redundant resolutions and letters of condolences at funerals. I know churches have to send these mindless soulless letters not for the family but for those church members who attend the funeral. And why does the usher board, the missionary workers and the senior chancel choir, fromt he same church all have to offer a resolution? And at every funeral, why does the once cracked out cousin, now saved, sanctified, and filled with the holy ghost, always have to testify about how the Lord saved her from the rocks, and set her upon the rock. (Insert organ flourish) And if one more preacher says I've been where you sit, I might start shouting and dancing just because I can.

Thanks I feel better now.

How come I was at the funeral over 2 hours and the eulogy had not even started yet.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:31:00 PM, Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

Speaking of funerals...why do we feel compelled to raise the dead person's character to the level of sainthood just because they happen to be dead? When it gets to the point where folks have to tell outright lies, it's time to just say a prayer and end the service, period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home