Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Black Man Considers Suicide....

Disclaimer: If you have recently lost a loved one because of suicide, please do not read this post. And if you have ever considered suicide to get back at someone for hurting you in any way then please go get some help, because logic is not working for you. Finally, if you have made a f**king mess that you do not know how to clean up, suicide will just cause people to hate your guts forever.

One of the most ridiculous thoughts that has ever crossed my mind is what would happen if I committed suicide.

First, the people who love me ought to be mad as hell. People who commit suicide are self centered ego maniacs wait that's too broad. If I committed suicide, I would be a self centered egomaniac.

Second, the person who discovered me, ought to kick my ass just for the hell of it. What a friggin ugly interruption to a day. On top of all that you got to call the police, and wait around and answer questions that you would not be able to answer.

Third, somebody ought to buy a billboard and write Harold Gibson is an asshole.

Fourth, if in my commission of suicide I involved another person, I would think I would have earned a one way ticket to hell for I had no damn business causing grief for all these people just to salve my wounded sense of self.

Fifth, if my financial affairs are out of whack, and I don't have the funds to bury me, and maintain the house for a while, please kick my ass even though I am dead.

I guess that having considered suicide, living through the pain and the shame is better especially since I believe God will walk with me.


Enjoy Life!

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger E said...

You make some good points. I did consider suicide once a long time ago when I was going through some stuff, but in the end I decided that I wasn't going to give anyone that satisfaction.

I think the most cowardly form of suicide is taking other people's lives that didn't ask to be taken. Talk about selfish.

Thanks for sharing that post.

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Clay said...

good post - some people dont think sucidie exists in the black community.

 
At Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:25:00 AM, Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Coming from a person who did attempt suicide once upon a time ... its amazing who fast irrational thoughts can overtake a person.

It was selfish. And it was lazy too ... much easier than correcting the mess I'd made of my life.

But it can happen to anybody. I series of unfortunate events can turn the most stable life into chaos.

Then watch out for the irrational thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home