Saturday, March 11, 2006

I Am Mourning

On Tuesday two of my favorite people died. It did not have to happen.

On Tuesday, a man I had a lot of respect for shot and killed his wife of less than three years in their bedroom as he watched their wedding video. His wife has been a friend of my family since we moved to this gloomy place about five years ago.

He later took the same gun that he shot her twice with and killed himself.

They were divorcing. She said he was mentally cruel. He would sneak and do drugs. He would not work. He could get his mind around that fact that America has no love for former felons.

Join the church, believe in God and we still consider you to be a criminal. Yet she at one time perhaps out of loneliness perhaps out of desire fell in love with him.


They married and they appeared to be happy on the outside.

No physical violence until Tuesday.

My heart won't stop crying.

My mind won't stop trying to understand why oh why?

Funerals on Monday and Thursday.

People are taking sides

My heart won't stop crying.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger E said...

Oh wow...I'm sorry for both of their lives. That's a real shame. Hang in there Harold. My prayers are with you.

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 6:29:00 AM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Wow - sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you!

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:17:00 PM, Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

I'm sitting here right now with tears flowing from my eyes... oh, I hate to hear things like that... why? WHY!?!? I'm so sorry that you are hurting... even more sorry that the family and others are choosing sides... Where is the love they had for BOTH of them?

Everything happens for a reason, it's just not for us to understand...

Oh my goodness... I can't stop crying...

 
At Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

that's so sad...sorry to hear the news

 
At Monday, March 27, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

terrible news.

but you have a strong beautiful spirit, Harold, and with that you'll get through this.

keep being strong, and peace be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home